During the ReView Rio tour, we will visit Morro of Babilônia and the Favela Orgânica, a project where there is abundance, creativity and social innovation where society and the media only want to see problems. Embark on this experience with us!
Favela Orgânica is a project that aims to teach residents of the region to enjoy the food in its whole. Through this pioneering initiative, the founder, Regina Tchelly, seeks to modify the relationship between people and food, avoid waste and care for the environment through lectures and workshops. Regina has taken the banner of the reuse of food and healthy food throughout Brazil and abroad.
- Urban community and its challenges
- Walking tour
- Social Innovation
opening photo: ©
click on the images to zoom
Morro of Babilônia is located between the neighborhoods of Botafogo, Urca, Leme and Copacabana, in the city of Rio de Janeiro. Located between two of Rio de Janeiro’s most famous tourist attractions, Copacabana Beach and Sugar Loaf Mountain, Morro of Babilônia offers beautiful views of the Copacabana, Botafogo, Urca and Guanabara Bay districts.
It’s time to visit the headquarters of Favela Organica and chat with the idealizer, Regina Tchelly.
Time to work and engage in this very important cause: reducing food waste. Let’s learn about how to cook delicacies while gaining a new relationship with our food!
We will contribute in Morro of Babilônia supporting the planting and maintenance of one of the communal gardens.
Conducted by one of the main leaders of the community, we will take a walk to learn about the daily challenges of people living in the favela, actions that the residents do to protect the forest and the dynamics of local occupation. We will also learn how the community is leading a sustainable life through renewable energy, organic gardens and finally, we will arrive at the South Rio lookout to contemplate a beautiful view of Rio de Janeiro and the sunset with a surprise!
Luau / Gathering at the beach
Meals at community
Trail / Hiking
- Take the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in healthy eating: use you phone or notebook to write down all the tips and recipes!
- Value the interaction with the local residents, initiate conversation and take the opportunity to get to know their life stories.
- Contribute to the trade and local entrepreneurs!
- Consider comfortable clothes and shoes as the activities take place in rougher terrain filled with hills.
- The paths, roads, alleys and stairs may confuse your sense of direction. We therefore always advice our guests to walk with our hosts.
- Finding armed police men is part of the local “scene”. The projects of pacification and occupation, even if they are controversial, are nowadays allowing a freer movement in the area.
- Use mosquito repellent and sun screen!
Request a service