In Miranda, Mato Grosso do Sul (236km from the capital), the Caiman Ecological Refuge covers 53 thousand hectares and houses a Private Reserve of Natural Heritage, which represents about 10% of its territory. Knowing Pantanal’s roots with more than 70 years of cattle ranching in the territory, the project seeks to generate a sustainable cycle by supporting environmental research and conservation projects, in addition to creating and maintaining an Environmental Interpretation Center, which aims to present an overview of the ecosystem.
Get ready to be immersed into a biome rich in colors, sounds, aromas and mysteries. Throughout the stay at the Caiman Pousada (the first ecotourism operation in the region), we will experience, with great comfort, the wild nature of one of the locations of greatest biodiversity in South America. A place where you also will be able to discover local gastronomy and traditions.
Day 1 | Transfer from Campo Grande Airport to the refuge (approx. 3h 30min). Check-in and some free time to rest or use as you please. Participate in one of the available activities*. Return back to the Pousada, enjoy a delicious dinner and stay overnight.
Day 2 – 3 | After breakfast, we will leave for one of the available activities. Get back, have lunch and take some time to rest. Feel free to participate in one of the activities offered*. Return back to the Pousada, enjoy a delicious dinner and stay overnight.
- Pantanal walks | Offered on different trails near the refuge, the hikes allow the observation of small animals and vegetation in the region and provide you with an opportunity to better get to know the local environment.
- Caiman Tour | Walk around the main headquarters, base of the Jaguar Project and Environmental Interpretation Center, ending up at the “Paizinho” bridge. Here you will have the opportunity to engage in some alligator watching.
- Safari Photography | By visiting places farther from the farm in adapted vehicles, on this tour it is possible to observe the wide variety of fauna and flora in the region.
- Canadian canoe tour | This tour takes place in the bays of the farm. We will row in Canadian canoes from three places, contemplating the nearest vegetation and water birds. Great opportunity to listen to the local sounds and watch the beautiful Pantanal sunset.
- Wildlife viewing at night | Take the opportunity to observe nocturnal animals. The highlight is spotting alligators, whose eyes have an impressive red reflection.
- Jeep safari | A tour that offers a more intimate contact with wildlife. Jump on a four-wheel drive (vehicles with adaptations for safari), to observe the animals in their wild habitat, enabling a more active experience.
Day 4 | The time has come to say goodbye to the Pantanal. Breakfast, check-out and transfer to the Campo Grande Airport.
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Private transfer between Campo Grande – Caiman – Campo Grande
- Professional guides
- Activities as mentioned above
- 3 overnight stays at the Caiman Ecological Refuge (High Standard – Baiazinha)
- Meals as mentioned – Breakfast, lunch and dinners
- Snacks during the tours
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- Travel insurance
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Airline tickets
- Personal expenses
- Environmental tax – R$ 450.00 per person
- Meals and drinks not mentioned as included
- Items not specified above