Monte Alegre: natural patrimony and rock painting
This is an opportunity to have a different travel experience not only enjoyable and entertaining, but also educational, authentic, responsible and interactive, based on sharing culture and generating benefits for local communities.
Welcome to the Brazil Amazon!
- Amazon Rainforest
- Traditional Communities
- Craft Workshops
- Historical cities
- Freshwater Beaches
- Best times to travel: from May to June / from August to November
opening photo: © photo by: Ana Gabriela Fontoura
click on the images to zoom
Visiting: Santarém e Monte Verde
Arrival in Santarem until 12:00 pm. Transfer from the airport to the port area. Free time for luch (not included) and boarding to Monte Alegre, on the boat that departs from Santarem at 04:00 pm. Arrival in Monte Alegre around 07:00 pm, dinner (not included) and overnight in a double room in a downtown hotel.
- Meals: Dinner
Visiting: Monte Alegre Park
Early in the morning, after breakfast, departure to the Monte Alegre State Park, with a traced car (4 x 4) and local guide accompanying the visit to the hills, rock paintings and caves of the region. The journey from the city to the Park takes 50 minutes, driving on unpaved road. The main points to be visited are: the Painting Panel, “Pedra do Pilão” and the cave where archaeological excavations were made. Lunch (included) in the community surrounding the Park. Return to the city around 03:00 pm. Free time, dinner (not included) and overnight at the hotel in Monte Alegre.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch;
Visiting: Santarém Downtown and Alter do Chão Village
Departure from the port of Monte Alegre by boat at 05:40 am. Arrival in Santarem around 09:30 am. Transfer from the port to the village of Alter do Chao, passing by car through the center of Santarem. Arrival in Alter do Chao (after 45 minutes by car) and accommodation in the hotel in double rooms. Free day at Alter, lunch and dinner (not included) and overnight at the hotel.
- Meals: none;
Check-out of the hotel in Alter do Chao until 12:00 pm and transfer from the hotel to the airport for boarding to the cities of origin.
- Meals: Breakfast;
6 to 9 passengers = R $ 1,750.00 / passenger
10 or more passengers = R $ 1,350.00 / passenger
Payment Terms: Bank Transfer, Credit Card up to 4 times before date of travel.
- Land transportation in Santarem: transfer airport/port/hotel in Alter do Chao/airport.
- Land transportation in Monte Alegre to visit the State Park on day 2.
- River transportation: tickets of regular boat (line) from Santarem to Monte Alegre and back on Santarem.
- Hotel: accommodation in double rooms in Monte Alegre (2 nights); and in Alter do Chao hostel (1 night).
- Food: according to the itinerary (3 breakfasts; 1 lunch; 3 dinners; and snacks), water, juice and/or coffee along the days on the boat. Other expenses on food and drinks are not included.
- Ecotourism activities.
- Vivejar Host.
- Taxes for local associations.
- Travel insurance.
Activities / Outings
Meals at community
What to Bring:
- Light clothes for walking in the city;
- Clothing for trails (long pants and closed shoes);
- Comfortable sandals;
- Kit of personal medications;
- Umbrella or raincoat;
- Guide of observation of flora and fauna;
- The itinerary may change at any time according to weather conditions or for reasons of force majeure;
- In accordance with the 161 Embratur Deliberation Act (August 9, 1985), cancellation of your reservation 31 days prior to boarding will result in 10% of the total value being retained due to operational expenses. In the case that the trip is canceled 21 to 30 days prior to boarding, 50% of the total value will be retained. If the trip is canceled within 20 days prior to boarding, we will retain 80% of the total value of the package.
- Prices are in Brazilian Reais and do not include airfare.
Request a service