Alter do Chão on board| Amazon carnival in tune with nature
We never get tired of saying that every traveller needs to go to the Amazon once in a lifetime. The feeling of belonging to that immense tropical forest, surrounded by rivers, waters and freshwater beaches, is almost magical. But the experience gets even more enchanting when we have the opportunity get close to the traditional people who live there and discover the fantastic cultural production and initiatives that make both communities and forests prevail.
Alter do Chão, in Pará, known as the Brazilian Caribbean, is even more beautiful when explored through its rivers. On board of a comfortable boat with private cabins and full board, our 4-day trip invites you for a navigation through the Tapajós and Arapiuns rivers, unraveling one of the most beautiful corners of the Amazon.
Sailing calmly so you can enjoy the scenery and the ride, we arrive at off the beaten path places that still hide amazing stories and secrets of Alter do Chão.
Get ready to know the natural beauty of the region and also the history, geography, people and initiatives that make this region so enchanting. The itinerary includes visits to local communities and experiences with the unique culture of Pará.
We hope that, at the end of the trip, you will carry the energy of the Amazon and become another fan of this place!
•Local social work projects
•Best times to travel: year-round
opening photo: ©
click on the images to zoom
Alter do Chão on board, in this itinerary we will take a journey through the Tapajós and Arapiuns rivers, in the
Para’s Amazon. Along the way we will experience some of the daily life of the largest forest
of the planet, feeling it’s natural scent and listening to the most diverse and charming
sounds. Our purpose is that you know not just the rich nature, but also the history and
diversity of the people who brings life to this place;
All on board of a comfortable boat, with private cabins, air conditioning, meals
and a very special team (commander, sailors,kitchen staff, cleaners and hosts), who were born or live in Alter do Chão, and will take care of every detail for you have an unforgettable experience!
We hope that at the end of the trip you will carry some of the energy of the Amazon in your
luggage and be,just like us, one more in love with this land
Arrival at Santarém Airport, reception by our staff and transfer to the village of Alter do Chão – a journey of approximately 40 minutes.
Our boat will be docked ready to greet you, with boarding from 3pm until the night of next day (according to your flight arrival time).
This first afternoon will be free and you can enjoy it for a walk and see the village.
In the evening, choose one of the square’s restaurants for dinner (not included) – there is always live music and Carimbó performances. Overnight on board.
With all our travelers already on board, we will begin our expedition through the Tapajós River, Arapiuns and its tributaries. On board, our crew will take care of every detail, for you enjoy an unforgettable experience!
Our first stop will be at the riverside communities of the region, where we will learn about the ancient tradition of making handcrafts with tucumã straw, a typical fruit of the region. Afterwards, a workshop with artisans to learn a little bit about the colors, dyeing processes and characteristics of traditional braiding. Get ready, as it is almost impossible to get out of there without a piece!
Before lunch on board we will stop for a refreshing swim and, at dusk, we will arrive at Canal do Jari, the region’s bird dormitory and a narrow tributary of the Amazon River. The canal is ideal for watching bird flies and sunset. Overnight and dinner on board.
Waking up with the sounds of the forest, already in the waters of the river Arapiuns and after breakfast on board, let’s get prepared for a trail through the native forest, accompanied by a local guide who will introduce us to some of the rich Amazonian vegetation. At the end, a relaxing bath in the clear water await for us!
In the afternoon, after had lunch and recovering the energies spent in the trail, we keep navigation towards a ‘tip of sand’, as they call the beaches in the region. Time to relax and enjoy this Amazonian paradise.
In the evening, an opportunity to enjoy a special dinner menu prepared with great care by our staff with the best of Para cuisine. Before bed, be sure to go to the deck and spend a few minutes watching the starry sky and the sounds of the forest.
On this day, we will get to know a typical flour house and the process of derived foods of manioc (cassava), which are indispensable in the Amazon sampling table. An ancient knowledge found throughout the northern region.
Our last afternoon will be on another beautiful beach by the Arapiuns. In the evening, get ready for our special farewell dinner! We will make a traditional piracaia: baked fish on the beach in a very special setting! Get ready!
Overnight on board.
During breakfast on board, we will sail back to the village of Alter do Chão, stopping for a final farewell bath.
We will have lunch on board before disembarking at the village and, according to your times, transfer to the airport or hotel. End of our services. Till the next time!
– Land Transfers (Airport / Alter do Chão/Airport);
– 05 overnights in suíte cabins with air conditioning;
– Full board during navigation (breakfast, lunch, brunch and dinner) with beverages (water, juices, soft drinks, beer and caipirinha) – 2nd to 5th day of itinerary;
– Tours and local taxes;
– Turismo Consciente host on board;
– Biodegradable amenities kit;
– Travel insurance.
– Meals on 1st day, before the navigation starts;
– All other items not mentioned as included.
PRICES IN BRL, PER PERSON:
Single Cabin: R$8.980,00
Double Cabin R$6.500,00
Third passenger: R$4.880,00
Children Policy (Navigating):
– 3 to 5 years sharing the cabin with 01 or 02 adults: 50% of total of double cabin;
– 6 to 9 years sharing the cabin with 01 or 02 adults: 75% of total of double cabin;
– From 10 years: Total amount
– Installment: 40% of deposit + 3 parts by credit card (Visa or Master);
– Cash Down: discount of 3% of total amount.
Activities / Outings
– The Brazilian Ministry of Health recommends (not mandatory) yellow fever vaccination for all travellers over 9 months old who enter endemic areas in Brazil, such as the Amazon region;
– As it is an itinerary in remote areas. The attractions and routes are subject to change according to the level of the river, ensuring the safety and comfort of travellers;
– The observation of animals in their natural habitat is an activity that depends on several factors (and luck!). In this way, we can not guarantee in advance the sighting of any species;
– Considering the activities on the last day of the itinerary, we suggest the return flight from Santarém Airport is after 3:00 PM;
– The cabins have a large single bed (1.92 x 1.11) and a regular single bed (1.87 x 0.80) in bunk style, accommodating up to 3 people. For convenience and comfort, we indicate a maximum of 02 adults per cabin, with the possibility of a third child passenger;
-Additional for a master cabin with larger space, king size bed (2,03 x 1,95) and panoramic windows: 10% extra the rate per person;
– In the case of navigation with less than 6 passengers, we may occasionally replace the boat with a smaller boat, while maintaining the same structure, characteristics and comfort;
-In accordance with the Brazilian legislation in case of withdrawal after signature of the travel contract, the following will be retained: up to 31 days in advance, 10% of the total amount as operational expenses ; between 30 and 21 days prior to shipment, 20% of the value of the package will be retained; after the 20 days prior to shipment, 80% of the package value.
Request a service